Sunday, February 11, 2007

The hectic week

I have no idea how the week zoomed by, meaning from monday to friday. I was supposed to be starting on the construction drawings for a confirmed project - Proj103 - since monday, but I never managed to get anything done until fri.

Didnt help that the clients change their mind every few hours, and one of the client is in singapore while the other one is in auzzie. While the logical thing to do is that wait until they confirm before i start drawing, it is not possible because they will never decide.

And there are somethings that I've to think out while I am doing the drawings, and if I havent finalise the design, whenever they ask me, I am at a loss of what to answer. Then they will contemplate to change more details, wiping out the 50% or so that I've already mapped out.


Monday -

Doing powerpoints on Proj110 for manager. This is a marketing job, how come they dont hire a marketing and make us designers do it. TOO MUCH!

Doing Proj098. The client apparently likes me too much, and keep giving me new empty layouts to fill. How many options do they really want me to do? Shucks.

Proj103 not touched.

OT till 8pm. Gave up and went home.


Tuesday -

Doing Proj098. Still not finalised because client decided to take an EVEN smaller space and expect me to squeeze everything in. Everyone chorus "做不到!" with me.

Doing presentation boards for Proj110. Had been spending time liasing with the contractors but no one is responding fast enough. I've really little patience for people whom take moons to get things done.

(That is why I am always impatient with myself!)

Managed to finish 2 boards out of 4, and had already arranged everything nicely for the remaining 2 boards, expect to come in on wed and stick them down and tada~!

OT until 9pm. Worn out and went home.


Wednesday -

Doing presentation boards for Proj110. The submission deadline is 12pm and I spent the whole morning just doing the fucking pasting for 2 boards., plus taking calls from client on Proj098. New space for them again, and I told client I cant get the layout done within the same day, will try by thurs' evening.

I grew to realise I work better with no one around, and outside working hours where there's no one to distract me. Know what? I think I will go back to work on chinese new year since I dont want to go visit those damn relatives who talked to much with contents lacking.

Spent 1pm to 6pm with client of Proj103 at showrooms, then spent the night revising layout for the system furniture.

OT until 9pm. Shut down and went home.
(Must start on the construction drawings le lah!!!!!!! Tomorrow, really tomorrow!)


Thursday -

Do layout for Proj098. I am going mad already, and I dont even need to look at the requirements anymore, given I've memorised them after doing 6 completed layouts in the past 2 weeks.

Finished within half a day, not exceptionally fast, but my concentration level is decreasing rapidly due to the overuse for the past few days. Left the office to visit site for Proj103.

(Construction drawings not started!! Wails.)

At site with client from 4pm to 7pm. Went back to office and helped colleague with his sch project for a while, and eventually started to revise layout (with the latest comments after site walkthrough) at ard 8.30. Finished at 10pm and started doing basework for construction drawings, like title blocks, and etc. Did I mention design actually not confirmed at this point?

I die, I really die.

OT until 11pm. Collaspe over and went home.


Friday -

"I must start on the construction drawings!!" was the only thing I chanted the whole day. Then manager advised I should get the design out first, let the client confirm, then maybe things will be easier. Sound advice, and hence the time was spent on finalising the design and the layout. Client called me thrice, each call lasting 30 minutes with different things to change, and before I know it, it was 6pm.

Helped colleagues develope concept for his school project.
(Up till today after I rejected him - I decided to reject help after 3 days - he havent done any concept research. But what do I expect, if he didnt do anything for the past 26 weeks - they begged for extension - will he do anything in the 27th week? I am kidding myself)

Went to buy dinner at 8pm, and started to revise the layout based on client's third call at 5.30pm, and managed to get the layout done within 1 hr - 8.30 to 9.30 and sent out to client.

Supposed to be meeting colleagues for karaoke - reward for a punishing week and I have to leave at 9.45 to be able to meeting them at 10pm. Maybe I shouldnt go since I've so much more to do. Worked until 10.45pm before deciding, Hey! I deserve a break!

Sang karaoke until 2am.


Saturday -

I hate going back to work on saturday but there I was. I reached the office at 2pm and didnt start immediately. I decided to clear up the clutter (I wasnt in the mood to start working yet) and I started work at 4pm.

I eventually worked till 12am. I enjoyed the solitude though I fear some apparitions would appear anytime.


Sunday - I slept till 1 am and watched tv. Here I am blogging this long entry and I estimated that around 8pm I will do some drawings until say 10pm. 2 hours of work is all I can manage on a sunday. Hee. =)

No comments: