Thursday, August 20, 2009

Once again

A group of guys recently roped in my help, wanting me to check out the response of a girl on one of the guys in this group.

It feels like a very foreign affair, for the last time I did something like this, was probably years and years ago, say five?

And because I am not high on the wink wink nudge nudge routine (see my eyes twitch madly and my elbows causing bruises in the girl's side), I ended up telling her straight to the point.

Subsequently she told me that I shouldnt had promised to assist the guy, for this is such a wimpy way of declaring interest. True enough, and I apologised.


This morning, on my way to work, I was thinking about this incident again, and suddenly a conversation came to mind.

"Hey what do you think about XXX?" Someone asked me.
"He's nice?" I offered.
"Yah, he's a very nice guy. Would you consider him?"
"And you are a nice guy too! Why dont the two of you fall in love?"


And I thought I was being very humorous.

To think of it, friends would only help to sound out, when one party already made it clear of his/her interest. Why didnt I just be serious for once, and answered sincerely? So. I did myself in. Once again, I realised.

No comments: