Monday, March 02, 2009

Meeting Arranged. Then Cancelled. Then Re-arranged. Then Re-cancelled.

The japanese designer is asked to leave this time round, after the taiwan boss was asked to leave 2 weeks ago.

This entire company has a complicated system.

First there is an US designer, then there's a japanese designer beneath her, and then it will be us singaporeans and taiwanese.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, the japanese designer is deemed as the cause that the project had come to a stop.

I have no direct conflict with this japanese designer, but my bosses want me to testify against him in the higher-higher-up's management meeting, so that my testimonial is on par with the rest of the team.

Japanese designer's departure equates that the taiwan boss is coming back. I am having lots of problems with the taiwan boss as well, but at least I didnt have to do so much ot when he was around, because he was responsible for what he promised.

In the past two weeks, I am worked to bones for promises this taiwanese boss made, and although I did secretly thought it is possible given that I put in full force, and I've got 3 guys to help me, I didnt make it either.

I was supposed to be stopping all work and just scuntinise the 3 of them. But they are so slow and if I dont do some of the work myself, then it doesnt seem possible that things get completed.

And then when I dont scuntinise them, they take ages to finish simple drawings.

In short, I failed.

I only finish say 90% of what was required, and though it is not perfect, I also have to console myself that this is probably the best anyone could have done, given the unfamiliarity, and the amount of meetings I have to attend.

I digress.

This meeting with the higher-higher-ups was to take place last saturday, at 6 bloody pm. I dont have to work on saturdays, but for the past 3 saturdays, I have been at work, so there's no much difference anyway.

Then that day itself, they cancelled the meeting and said that it will be held today. I was already bent on taking mc today because, well, lao niang is bloody tired! And I already dutifully pia-ed until the deadline! What more do anyone wants from me?

So I smsed the higher-higher-up's secretary to tell her I am on MC today, and when she knows of the meeting time, smsed me and I shall go back to the office.

But at least 3 hours in advance!

Then?

Meeting cancelled again.

What the hell?

This company is so crappy that I dont know how to help to clean it up. Super kns.

No comments: