Monday, January 15, 2007

I dont know how to breathe

Like I was telling my colleague today, I seemed to be taking mc very frequently since I started in this job.

I am taking mc every other month, and sometimes I will fall sick 2 weeks after taking the last mc, and I feel too embarrassed to take mc again.

True that there are a couple of times where I could go to work if I insisted, but I decided to stay away just because I dowan to pass the flu, but there are days like today, where the doctor is stopping me from going to work but I am insisting to.

And it seems that all the mc I took since I started work here, are for nose and throat problems. There must be something really wrong with the air condition in the office. Is it because there is a lot of dust particles?

Personally, I do know that my nose is very sensitive. If I inhale some dust, my nose will get all itchy and weird and I will begin to sneeze non stop. When my nose is blocked hence, I will begin to breathe through my mouth (something I dont do on default) and then I will get my throat dried up.

For me, the only way to protect my throat, other than the obvious water treatment, is to not open my mouth.

Anyway, I began to get sick last fri while I was at work. On top of the dusty air, my colleagues have the habit of turning the aircon to a relatively cold temperature. Usually I wouldnt mind, but the aircon vent is blowing in my direction, and like I mused before, it is really cold (with a brr) in my office.

I began sneezing nonstop and shivering in my seat. Then I developed a fever and after I took some panadol flu tablets, I was better.

Not for long. The same night I began to break out in alternate warm and cold sweats, and my temperature (based on my trusty back of hand) went up. It was sat morning when I woke up ( I dont even remember when I fell asleep) and I decided that I probably just needed some good old rest.

I thought given 2 days of rest, I would have recuperated and need not pay a visit to the doctor.

But over the last two days, my temperature just went up more, and my nose is entirely not functional anymore, and my throat feels like it had been sandpapered.

Come today, I dragged myself to work because there's projects that requires immediate attention, and by the end of the day, I was varying between "OK" and "OK-Let-Me-Die". I reached the stage where I will cough so badly that I can not catch my breathe anymore, and it feels weirdly like how people describe asthma attacks to be.

I couldnt breath. I was feeling faint, and I think I am going to collapse anytime. The coughs came randomly, like everyone's does, and when mine occur, I will have to grab something to steady myself with.

When the coughing fit is over, the immediate next situation would be that I exhale too much air and I couldnt inhale because my nose is blocked. I have to apply pressure at my sternum to remind my body to breathe. Weird hor? I think so too.

Ok, I ought to go to sleep. Will update on my breathing problems tomorrow if I havent reel over and died by then. Hee.

No comments: