Friday, December 15, 2006

Please be polite

I use msn on a daily basis, and once upon a time, msn is typically a form of deformed communication between me and my friends.

These days, I logged on for the heck of it, and blocked everyone who might be talking to me, except my colleagues and mashi of course. There is no way I will block mashi because she is the perfect anger dumpster for me.

I would just msn a whole lot of crap, not even need to wait for her to reply her take, and I would close the window. It is like writing an letter and slot it into the metal bins instead of the postbox.

My colleagues are all unblocked for a simple reason, cos sometimes it gets too cumbersome to walk over to their workstation (read lazy genes) and I will just msn them to tell them to come talk to me when they happen to need the loo.

I sit near the smelly place, by the way.

For certain friends, we almost talk on gmail chats only. Gmail totally rocks my socks off, because while we used to need to download and install google talk to be able to talk to friends, now we can just talk via the inbox, as long as we are logged in.

Amazing.

And I like it that way that if you set your status as 'BUSY', gmail will automatically generate a message to say that "User is busy, you may be interrupting. Continue?"

Usually this message is good enough to stop anybody who swings by and looking for a chat.

('BUSY' mode isnt an automatic mode. You will have to set it, so there is no excuse for people who claim "Oh, I thought it was an away message." Bleah!)

Still, I get messages from people who apparently cannot understand the simple message. Are they expecting me to reply despite my busy status, or are they thinking that I am pretending to be busy (hmmm, maybe I am), or what?

If they meant it as a note for me, then drop me an email! We are in the inbox already for godness sake!!

No comments: