Friday, August 11, 2006

OT on a friday

I had never done ot on a fri in this job up to today. Basically I hadnt been doing ot on fri ever since I started going out with the gang.

Before them, I had done ot till 12 am everyday, even on fri, regularly. After knowing them, I made it a point to go out with them every fri, sometimes for dinner only, sometimes for dinner and drinking.

After we left the company respectively, we began to meet up less often. That is something totally within my expectations because relationships between friends are like that, out of sight and out of mind.

But I tried to keep it a habit to leave on time on fridays for the past 14 weeks that I am here. If I dont leave on the dot, I try not to stay beyond 7 or 7.30 so that I can make it in time to meet them at 8. On fridays when there is no arrangement made, I will grumble about my lack of social life, but gratefully take the opportunity to rest at home.

Today is different. Sigh. I have got a lot of things to do that if I dont finish, I am dead meat on monday.

I originally decided to come back to work tomorrow, but I have since decided not to, because I live so far from work that I will waste 2 hrs on travelling alone, and not to mention the time needed to dress up before work, and wash up after work.

AND, not to mention, I will be totally lethargic for working such long hours everyday, then still have to come back to slog somemore on weekend. I demand my rest on weekends.

Hence I am still in office now, and I predict I will be here until 3am at least. Haha. At least I can take cab home later.

No comments: