Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Financial planner

A friend introduced a financial planner to me and this friend reminds me that I dont have to feel pressurised by our relationship to commit anything with this friend of hers.

Let's call this financial planner Rachel.

She had been very friendly, and even treated me dinner on my birthday, and bought me a present, though the present was very wrong, cos it is a christian book.

She advises me to sign up an insurance plan using medisave, which I readily agreed because that was something I meant to do but never got to it.

And aviva was a company which I think is pretty good too.

And then she tries to convince me to get a life insurance plan. My prudential plan would be converted into investment plan after I get an alternative insurrance plan because I came to decide that I dont want a plan that serves both purposes.

But that is something later, when I finally get my act together la. I barely have time to rest because of all the ot that I have to put it. Sigh, I almost dont have time for myself or friends or family already because my whole life seems to be revolving around work now.

When rachel recommended an insurance plan, it was from asia life. I've never heard of this company before and I am skeptical. I would rather go for insurance from ntuc really, not those with big and fanciful names, nor those that are small with unknown background.

I told rachel of my concern, and she begin to try to convince me that this company is really strong despite no advertising. "No advertising gimmicks," rachel would say.

"You should see their website, and see their reports on their websites!"

Come on, it is their website, and they can write what they want. I've tried to google to get some information but I didnt manage to get anything convincing.

I told rachel I am not very interested, and because I wasnt free to talk, I told her I had to get off the line and talk to her another time.

She began to call and sms me every other day, arranging for lunch and etc. I told her I cant afford the luxury of going on lunch on predicted timing these days, because if there is a submission at 2pm, it means I have to prepare up to 2pm, then attend the submission meeting.

I would be able to go for lunch only after I've finished all my preparation, if not I would be going for 15min lunch, then rush back to work somemore.

She kept calling and then send me sms to tell me to call her back.

I practically ignore her.

I am going to breakdown from all the stress at work already, I dont need more stress from other sources.

So she sent me an email that day, saying:

"I tried to reach you but couldnt reach you. I wonder if something happen to you?
I do hope to hear from you soon as i really have something urgent to talk to you about.
Really appreciate if u can give me a call asap. Thanks."

I replied:
"Thanks for your email.

Sorry I didnt manage to catch your call nor revert for the past two days, I am fine, other than drowning in work. I'm usually away from phone and when I look at the phone, it is usually on my way home, but I still dont return call cos 1. it's late, 2. I need to catch up on sleep. Haha.

Sorry but I really hadnt time to stop to talk, I know you need me to sign something but I really cant find time.

I'll get back to you asap. You can email me if you need to tell me something. I check email everynight regardless how late I reach home."
She replied:
"Glad to hear from you and that you're fine. So sorry was quite busy over the few days. I
understand that you're busy. I wonder if it is convenient that we can meet up on this coming
Wed which is a public holiday? I sincerely hope that u can understand as i seriously need
to meet up with you. Meanwhile, do take care of your health and have sufficient rest."

I want to strangle her! It is my holiday break! Can she give me a break or not! I didnt reply to her email, and she called me yesterday, asking about today.

I vaguely told her I had plans, and I am really not free today. In actual fact I was only resting at home but what? I cant even rest when I want to?

Let me off!!!

No comments: