Thursday, August 24, 2006

Greenhorns

I am sometimes very frustrated at work because I am such a greenhorn that I desperately need a permanent person that I can always seek help from, but I dont have one.

True, lw and yf are always there, but I wish there is someone else whom I can always depend on. Sigh, so many years down the road and I am still so highly dependent.

Either I am very dependent on someone, or I am so fiercely independent that I scare people off with my snarls and sharp teeth.

Like I always muse, I can never strike a balance in what I do. I stray to the extremes and stay there.

It's almost 12am, and I think I should go to sleep. I meant to type a long entry about me being a greenhorn, and how I am deeply frustrated over work and how I hate it that they group with greenhorns who are equally green like me. I need guidance!


But let me run though a list of the people involved.
  • fc - guy, 30ish, the sales person. He seems to be knowing his stuff well enough, but like all sales people, they are interested in the project up to the point that they confirm they are receiving commission.
  • bt - guy, 38ish, the project exec, runs the site. He used to run sites too, but not in the context like this company's nature of business. He is a friend of sc, the boss, and had joined the company ard 2 months after I did.
  • sl - guy, 25ish, the electrical vendor. He is quiet and definitely shy, but he seems to like to work with me, probably because I take on all the saigang there is and he can devoid himself from the mess.
  • ec - guy, 26ish, the project exec, runs the site; in the line for at least 2 yrs, kind of like a senior to bt; brother of sc. In the whole company, he is probably my favourite colleague because he speaks to me in hokkien. =)
  • ao - guy, 35ish, the electrical vendor, boss of sl. I dun really like him because he seems like the kind of person whom sucks up to bosses and stamps on lowly staff - like me.

While I am at it, I might as well finish the list of everyone in the company.
  • lw - lady, 29ish, the design manager. She is a nice person on a general whole, but quite smart at distributing work so that she is doing more of co-ordinating the team than actual work. Not bad if I am not at the shitty end of the spectrum, but I am. She is from hk, hence she is always hanging ard the office even during weekends, probably because no family in sg.
  • yf - lady, 22ish, the designer. She's nice too until she further distribute work that lw distribute to her. Not bad if I am not at the shitty end of this second spectrum, but I am. She is from msia, hence she is always hanging ard the office even during weekends, probably because no family in sg. (Wow, sounds very similar to above character.)
  • kp - guy, 28ish, the visualiser. He's from thailand, hence his english isnt very strong. But why do we care cos all it matters is that he is good at studio viz, which he really is. He's nice to work with but he gets pissed off with me at times because I always cant make up my mind.
  • pl - lady, 25ish, the sales person. 3 months newer than me but she is one person whom I enjoy crapping with. She shows concern when I am sick and she will share food with me. She always remind me to get more rest and be less stressed out. She is a easy enough person to work with, too bad I am a bitch.
  • ln - guy, 40ish, the sales & design director. Talk too much and does too little, in my opinion. Period.
  • rc - guy, 38ish, the big big boss. Seldom in the office and once he is in, he likes to walk around trying to be involved in the projects' progress.
  • sc - guy, 38ish, the big boss. Drinker and smoker. He hangs around the team whenever he comes to work and also tries to be more involved. But comparatively, he is more in the loop compared to rc.
  • ac - guy, 25ish, the project exec. Too quiet for my liking, and he is too much like kt for my liking. His presense always scares me because I thought kt is around.
  • cd - lady, 27ish, the quantity surveyor. Crap buddy in the company and she keeps me entertained over msn. I would had like her better if she doesnt need me to print things for her all the time. But to be fair, I bother her a lot too. Hee.
  • sm - lady, 29ish, the admin. Nice to talk to once I get to know her better.
  • iy - lady, 32ish, the admin head. Dont like her cos she is VERY bossy.
Ok, I ought to go to bed, I will blog about the long entry tomorrow since it is friday. =) Stay tuned!

No comments: