Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Skipped OT

I feel I am almost buried eyebrow deep in work these days, and it is making me very frustrated.

I have this tendency to finish whatever I have before I go for lunch, or go home, and this silly sense of responsibility really kills me sometime.

Like I would continuously work from 11pm through 7pm without a break more than a visit to the toilet; like I would sigh inwardly and accepted more work when LW assign although I am not able to finish; like I would stay to finish work even if I am dead tired and feeling feverish.

I have a submission on fri. When FC asked me whether the timing is ok, I sent a reply to his email saying "Shouldnt be a problem, unless something of sudden urgency comes up." This is really the case, because I can finish my work if they (*sticks out an index finger and points at everyone in a wide arc*) would stop pestering me!!!!

A : "Can help me do this XXX first? It is urgent!"

B : "Can help me do this YYY first? Shouldnt take more than 10 mins"

C : "Can help me print this file? It is in photoshop"

D : "Can draw this drawing for me? Dont worry, it is not urgent, we need it tomorrow at 12pm only. (Please note it was 5.45 then, official knock off time is 6.00.)

A : "Can do this ZZZ first? It is more important that XXX, now can? Now??"

C : "Sorry can help me print another copy like just now, also help me change the text from jun06 to jul06?"

E : "Can you come over here, we need to discuss project AAA."

A : "Have you done it? We need to send email to client already!"

D : "Meeting!! Come here!!"

F : "Can you print project BBB for me? Just print A3." (Prints and pick it up from printer and gives to her.) "Is this the latest amended version? (I DUNNO!!!!! THIS IS NOT MY PROJECT!!!!)

D : "Hey! Meeting!"

A : "I've got another drawing I need you to draw, have you finish the first two?" (HAVENT LAH! YOU TRYING TO TAKE MY LIFE ISSIT? TAKE IT LAH TAKE IT LAH!!!!)

E : "Hey! Meeting!"

A : "When you finish that two drawings can you send them to C?" (YOU DOWAN TO CHECK? YOU GOING HOME??!!?)

F : "Hey! Meeting!"

B : "How's project CCC coming? Can you help me scan this image and incorporate it into the presentation powerpoint?"

E : "By the way, where is the file for the corportate profile? (ON THE SERVER, IF NOT?) And yah, forgot to tell you, project DDD is tomorrow."

D : "Hey! Meeting!"


This is happening repeatedly for the past two days and I can never finish my work because not only saigang is constantly unloaded onto me, I had to stop and listen to everyone and attend to everyone's whimsical chanting that goes "I need it now".

I feel like I am burning from the front, back and middle, or rather, I feel A, B, C, D & E has already built a camp fire and is ready to throw me in.

But I will still take on the work as long as they assign to me even though I cannot finish them and I have to do OT before I can finish a pathetic 50%.

Today, the same thing happens, when everyone butts a bossy face in and request I do his/her stuff first. I am not davey jones leh, I dont have multiple tentacles to help me do my work faster!

I am so tired and pissed that I finished my work up to a certain level and I decided to leave and go shopping with peilin.

LW gave me a really pissed look when I told her I am leaving, as though I should leave since it was only 7pm. But what the hell? I have a life outside this job and I am determined to not give up my entire life for a stupid job like this.

Anyway, since fri is the submission, it is only ethical to stay OT tomorrow, and since I have to stay tomorrow, I couldnt possibly be staying tues, wed and thurs in a row what! I need to get away from work sometimes! Does the term "friend" sound even remotely familiar?

I am going to sleep already, will have to psych myself up to endure all the shit I will be getting tomorrow. Haiz!

No comments: