Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Live a Life


I have many things that I want to do but fear I do not have the time to spare to expedite them.

Each of these would cost me bucks, but I’d since reasoned with myself that although I want to save up as much money as possible, I cannot deprive myself of too many things in life, as life is too short to live on a shoestring.

So what if I will have lesser money? I will never be rich anyway, so what is the difference? As long as I am happy with my current life, isn’t it utmost important?

I want to take up driving lessons, something that I had always put off because I am worried about my hand-feet-brain coordination. But I am going to take auto-lessons to take off the stress level. I am not going to drive a manual car anyway, so who cares.

Subsequently, I want to get a car. A small 2nd hand one, than I will be able to go where I want to go, and need not squeeze in the mad morning public sardines can.

I want to learn how to dance. I dunno which kind. Waltz? Salsa?

I want to relearn swimming.

I want to learn to cook and bake. I want to be able to cook a simple fare for the man in my life (who hasn’t appear as yet, but I’m not too worried yet).

I want to learn to love more unconditionally. Something I had never been able to do. I wonder why.

I want to learn to use a sewing machine properly. I wish to have my own clothes collection, but I have absolutely no idea how I am going to do it. I cant even sew.

I want to be a teacher/lecturer/corporate trainer. To get to there I need to study more. Which is what I am beginning to do, but unfortunately I am still million of miles away before this dream fulfills.

I want to work in another country. US probably. Just uproot myself, and go. Actually, I’d decided that if I fail my exams this time round, I will quit the course and consider working overseas.

So much to do, so little time and money. Especially time. Actually, after taking leave for the 6th day, I am seriously contemplating to quit my job so that I have time to live my life. I’d taken long leave before, 7 days the last time round, 14 days previously, but this is the first time that I realize there is so much I have in my life that I hadn’t do and wishes to do, and the only way to do it, is to quit this job.

When I resigned previously – and subsequently entered an agreement with my boss that I will agree to withdraw my resignation if I needn’t do anymore OT – I reasoned that this job is going to the wrong direction, and life is too short to dawdle in somewhere that I am not happy to be at.

No idea why it took me so long to see it. But this is exactly what I feel right now, therefore I am seriously…seriously…contemplating…

No comments: