Monday, May 18, 2009

I Dunno Who Is That, Seriously.

My younger brother called me on my handphone 7.30 in the morning, saying his ferry is leaving at 8am, but he'd forgotten his passport.

He is going on a school trip with his school, and all I know was that he left home at 6am this morning in order to beat the traffic.

Then I went into a mad frenzy, trying to locate his passport. Even he himself is not sure where would it be at. He also told me to get my father to drive me over to pass him his passport. Destination? Tanah Merah ferry centre.

My father immediately drew a line, and said he doesnt know how to go. I told him to grab his 公路指南 and we'll find out directions as we go along.

He keep refusing, saying he doesnt have, and that it is my younger brother's fault for not remembering something so crucial. I told him there is no time to argue and pin point fault now. I just want to deliver his passport to him.

My father again repeated that he doesnt have the 购物指南. I repeated 公路指南 a few more times and he is not listening to me, instead, turning around and walk away, shaking his head saying he doesnt have any 购物指南.

I repeated a few more times, then resort to screaming.... 公路指南!!! 他妈的!! 我又没有和你说英文!!!!我又没有和你说STREET DIRECTORY!!!! 公路指南!!!

I know I shouldnt had been so rude, but I am seriously pissed. He keep reminding that it is my brother's own fault for not remembering, and we shouldnt deliver it for him. Let him miss the ferry, and let him get struck, and dont get to go.

I cant believe he is that ridiculous. What is his problem?!? I looked at him in his eye and told him. 我不管你是怎么想的,可是我就只有这么一个弟弟,我不可以不帮他的。

Then I left the house, rushing down to the ferry centre in cab, then subsequently took mrt home. This fiasco took me 3 hours, and I should be studying at home, if not why should I even take leave in the first place.

My father leh? He is basically doing nothing at home now, given that hie delivery job is becoming very random in job quantities, and he doesnt feel the need to find another job. Instead, he is contented to stay at home to read his malay dictionary, or go to the nearby coffee shop to lament how he missed the week's toto again.

Of course he doesnt feel concerned. At the end of the day, my mother still cook his share of his dinner and he still have a comfortable air con room to stay in.

I know I should deserving of a slap across the face for saying that of my father. But I am sick of him spending every single cent he has on 4d and toto, and his total savings as of now, is less than 2k, and he still thinks it is alright, because my mother can supplement him food.

This father figure that is supposed to be the column of the family is not keeping up to his responsibilities. Everyone within the extended family circle knows about this but no one ever spoke up or talk some sense into him.

I am not even expecting him to do things out of his own will, but seeing how he would reject even after we had pleaded, is upsetting.

The last time my elder brother had to go to the hospital because of a badly infected wound got the same rejection from him. We do know he doesnt want to drive us there because he doesnt recognise the way, that we can accept. What we cannot accept it, nonchalant to our mad hysteria, he will sink back into the sofa and continue reading his malay dictionary, as though we are not related, and he need not be concerned about our urgency.

No comments: