Monday, December 01, 2008

My bedroom is a huge pain to pack

 I spent my last weekend packing up my room so as to free space to house my new wardrobe.

I'd found wands and wands of unopened mascaras, plenty of combs in different candy colours, 3 tubes of facial wash, and two large bottles of shampoos (I mean they are not the travel-sized ones).

And I am not even through in my packing.

I segregate my room into 7 major areas, namely the existing wardrobe, old cabinet, writing table, space beneath bed, shoe rack, clothes rack (and floor beneath it - many unpacked shopping bags there) and the bookshelf. I told my mother it is not possible for me to pack up everything within one weekend, given the amount of stuff I have.

She doesnt care, and went ahead to confirm with the furniture shop to deliver the furniture next Saturday.

Sigh.

I immediately gave up my existing wardrobe because that will take me weeks to tackle that alone. For the rest of the spaces, I estimated I needed one full day for one area, therefore I would need 3 weekends. True enough, after spending more than 30 hours in my room packing things into boxes, I only managed to finish the bookshelf, half the shoerack and half the writing table. Exactly as I'd expected.

Tonight I would have to finish the clothes rack and hopefully start attacking the space beneath the bed. Tomorrow I will also finish it off. The writing table and shoe rack shall be the agenda on Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday night I will clean out the old cabinet.

I dont bear to throw away the old cabinet because it belongs to my granny. I am struggling to find a space in the house for it but so far no luck. Sigh.




No comments: