Thursday, December 04, 2008

300 smses exchanged and those memories

While packing, I uncovered many memories.

I kept some, I threw away some.

One of the things I kept, were a written record of all the smses I received from A Certain Someone # 3 during the ambiguous stage. I can still recall how elated I was each time my nokia 8310 sang its sms tune. While I changed handphone later, because this 8310 is almost equivalent to this blissful period of time, I never traded in the phone even when I eventually changed handphone.

Quite silly.

Time 21:34:42
Today is Monday so I wan to say good evening to you.

Time 08:33:42
Today is Tuesday so good morning.

Time 10:06:50
Today is Wednesday good mid morning to you.

Time 00:01:51
Today is Thursday so I hope to be the first to say good morning.

Time 09:52:25
Today is the last weekday of the week, use it wisely or lose it.

... etc etc. For a few weeks, he'll sms me at different time of the day and remind me which day of the week it was. I welcomed that, because that was a good conversation starter. We would then chat about special mondays, special tuesdays, special wednesdays etc in our past. Damn silly. But standing side by side behind the railing overlooking the crowds 4 stories beneath us, there's no reason to speak of serious philosophical questions anyway.

During that period of time, we seldom talk face to face or over telephone. We mainly chatted over smses. We exchanged close to 300 smses talking about mundane things, such as how stressed I was, and he will always cheer me up and spur me on. While he was packing and moving to another house, I was so updated on his progress that it felt that I was there doing the packing. Haha.

I miss that phase. *Wistful*

No comments: