Thursday, September 04, 2008

The purpose behind photos in IM

Mr Boss decreed that everyone in this office - local and all overseas associate companies as well - should insert a picture into the IM programme that we are communicating on.

I don't see why I should.

The reason he supplied, the same ridiculous one that he wants me to agree with, is that a face on IM brings forth familarity, and is a perfect tool to foster relationship.

BS, if you ask me.

It is not a face that matters when I choose whether to interact with the person, but rather, the personality and the intellect.

Don't fault me when I say I don't have patience for stupid people. So what if they look like bradpitt? Pretty faces with empty husks are suitable for a parties where the aim is to get as many fucks as possible. Not at work.

Unless...

Anyway! I was saying, what purpose does the photo serve? A visual reminder that these are the jokers I work with?

Oh. If that, I concur.

No comments: