Friday, September 05, 2008

New dictionary website wanted

That's it, Dictionary.com is hereby eliminated from the bookmark toolbar in all 3 computers I access to, work and otherwise.

The slot will go to another dictionary which doesnt attempt to hijack my query into lumps and lumps of advertisements, with definition of my query still unanswered.

I cannot believe that dictionary.com is being bought over by ask.com, and although the deal was sealed months ago, the new interface only showed up very recently. Ask.com is one of the most unfriendliest websites ever, and now that it bought over dictionary.com (together with my favourite thesaurus.com), it thought it will be boosted up the ranks to be on par with Google and etc, but please.. fat hope.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always prefer Merriam-Webster. :)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/