Sunday, January 07, 2007

A gift in a wrong size

After an hour of selection for LD's present, with the sales person looking every bit like he's going to club me with the invisible golf club he hid behind his back, I finally zoomed in to a design that I hope LD will like.

I didnt want something too exaggerated, because he might not find it useful to wear yellow with cyan stripes to hold meetings with clients, and hence I choose a white shirt with purple stripes with alternate thickness.

I guess he would like it, but I really cannot be entirely sure, because as much as we are good friends, I dont know much about him.

(Really, you cant expect us to talk about things so sensible like clothes and future with him (or ND for the matter) because we spend every available minute cracking stupid jokes.)

So when I contemplated whether to get 15.5 or 16, I honestly cannot make up my mind. And I cant really tell the difference too, and hence I thought a 16 should work out fine.

I mean, 1/2 inch is just 1.27 cm, which is the width of an index finger what.

What I didnt know is that this half inch refers to the neck size, and with this 1/2 inch increase, the chest size, shirt length and sleeve length is increased proportionately.

Well done, me.

He asked me if it can be brought to be exchanged? It cant be, because the tag had been cut, and it had been 3 weeks since I bought it. Hence he asked me can he give the present to ND.

ND is a good friend too, hence I am quite willing for the present to change hand. Of course I would prefer LD found it useful, but since not, it should make way for a better owner.

I just want to bash myself up for spending $79 buying a present that I cannot be sure that the receiver would find it useful. But then again, I got the reassurance from him that he really like the shirt, colours and design and everything else.

Everything but the size. Haha.


I met up with LD and his gang yday for LD's birthday karaoke session. TMD, why does it seems so familiar, is it because I help my birthday celebration in the same venue? Anyway, it had been great hearing LD sing. He is still as good as ever, if not better.

Me? Voice cracked like hell, and I couldnt see the screen with someone blocking my view 80% of the time. That girl must have something against me.

LD was thoroughly drunk by the end of the session, but still he was sober enough to remember that he promised that he will drive me home. He got his friend to drive me home, with himself in the backseat with ND and the above said girl. He was singing non stop and luckily for him he had good vocals, or I'll stick some sock into his whisky gap.

Happy birthday, LD! Love ya! and you know it. =)

No comments: