Sunday, September 24, 2006

Another ex colleague

The FC I mentioned in the last entry left the company around 2 wks ago. YF almost treats him like a god re-borned, gushing over how talented he is, how good he is at talking and how good he is at drawing.

I can only recognise that his drawing skills are good. But talking? And when he pulled me and YF aside that day to want to give us a training session on presentation skills, I was quite happy to oblige.

But when he started telling us vocabulary, I was very tempted to stop him and tell him to try harder next time.

His english is poor. Period.

Well, my english sucks as well, but I know better than to make a fool of myself, no? I mean, is there a need to be proud that you know the word "manoeuver"? Or "embark"?

He recommended we read more design books to build up our vocabulary but I was so very tempted to ask him, is there such a need? I am building my vocabulary from newspapers already, do I really need to learn more from design books, when its function is to showcase design to me?

And I was reading his blog just now. Can you imagine his tagline is (it is not exact in case he has the habit of googling his tagline, but close enough) "our lives are like a plate of dimsum, you dont know what you will get until you order it".

It is like, what the hell. What is this? A lousy ripoff from forest gump?

Oh, I so realise that I am mean. Can you imagine I will hypocritically agree with YF when she says he is nice, then bitch about him here.

Muahhaha.

No comments: