Sunday, July 02, 2006

My birthday karaoke gathering

Foremost, thanks mashi for accompanying me for the whole evening and night. Mashi drove me there, and drove me and my friends home without a complain. I was giving so much attention to lao da because I hadnt seen him for ages. Sorry to neglect you.

But you had been very nice about it still. That is so sweet of you. =)

Thanks lao da for making it a point to come down despite just touching down in singapore. Thanks for the present. It brought a smile to my face.

Thanks ina, iris, mh, jnce, ncn, wilfred, kt, ec, phua and michael for the voucher. I'll be getting my neeon soon! =)

I had fun tonight! The turnup had been really poor but it is also good that I can save on the money. I invited around 15 person and I was expecting the damage to be $300. But in the end I spent $150 only.

Attendance had just been myself, mashi, lao da, ina, iris, slt, jnce and bernard (jnce's beau).

Ok, $150 is equivalent to the voucher amount I received, so it is almost like I could just spent the money directly on the neeon.

But well, birthday celebrations are not quite the same without friends and without some monetary loss. Hahaha.

I could choose not to treat, but I think it is not nice for ppl to buy my birthday present for me and yet they have to pay to attend the birthday celebration.

I know the rest are doing that. I dont think it is wrong, nor I think it is right. But personally, it is just a choice I made after justifying with myself.

Originally I thought I shouldnt treat even though I wanted to, so as not to 'spoil the market' for the birthdays upcoming. But when I saw the pathetic turn up today, I felt I should, because comparatively, these are the ppl who made special effort for me.

Lao da came at 9am, much earlier than I expected. Like I mentioned above, I think I spent way too much time talking to him tonight, catching up on crap and listening to him render his jacky cheung's songs beautifully.

So much so that I neglected mashi. SORRY AGAIN! =(

Lao da got me a bottle of absolut ruby red. It brought a giant grin to my face. When I was drunk at my last company's christmas party, I called him in my stupor and blabber nonsense to him. Trust him to select a gift that is so apt, and I thought he already forgot about that matter! Haha.

I introduced him to everyone as my best friend from poly. I think even lao da is shocked to hear that cos while we are good friends, we are not 'best friends' in the context of sharing everything about life with each other. But it is also relative la, cos he is the best friend because I hadnt have other friends in school.

Pathetic me.

Lao da still sing beautifully as usual and everyone urged me to get lao da to sign up for the next jue dui superstar. He is definitely of superstar material! =)

In retrospective, I think it is a good thing that not many people turned up cos everyone would have less chance to sing. And a simple gathering with lao da immediately distinguish the difference of relationship I held with various friends. With lao da every conversation can be crappy but it is entirely comfortable.

With some other friends, I personally felt I tried too hard as I obsessed with the 'silence's like a cancer growth' worry. As a result, I always try to fill up conversation gaps.

Back to lao da. Our 爱呢 was really bad! Gosh, and I was still telling mashi that lao da is the only one who can coordinate the song with me when the lyrics overlapped in wild frenzies.

But our 你最珍贵 was a winner in my biased opinion. Haha. He is still the best when it comes to singing jacky cheung's songs.

I even jested to mh that lao da is THE 歌神, partly because he sings so well, and partly because he sings jacky cheung's songs so very well.

I mean that. From bottom of my heart. =)

No comments: