Sunday, February 26, 2006

No point worrying unnessarily

Oh, my last entry gave me the inspiration to write this entry.

It is really of no point to worry unnecessarily. I used to be very worried about things, thinking too far ahead and all the possible worst scenarios and exaggerating all the plausible outcomes.

Then ever since I realised that it all unnecessary, I am beginning to lead a happier life.

I ever read somewhere, but I cant find back the exact source. It is something in the line of 88% 的白担心. Among the list, the author gives a breakdown (which I cant remember exactly of course) how among your worries, some of them will never happen, some will happen but it wont be of harm to you. Some will happen but even when it does you cant control the situation, and etc.

At the end of the day, only around 12% of your worries are found and based. The rest are all wasted energy/time/effort/etc.

Hence. From then on I kept reminding myself not to think too much about anything. Or rather, I will, but I wont try to foresee the future with my mere abilities. I worry to give myself a frame of what might happen, but I will think of how to handle them when they really did occur. Before they did, it is purely speculation on my part.

No comments: