Saturday, May 02, 2009

Personal Time

I had always been a person who needs a lot of personal time. I like to be able to snuggle in a sofa with a good book or magazine, and I like to be able to sit in front of a computer, playing games without people telling me I am wasting my time.

But ever since I’d started taking this part time course, my time had been sapped away from me. Suddenly I have no more time for myself, because all the spare time I have outside work and school is spent with friends and family, and my me-time was the first to go.

So I am trying to squeeze in time for my own, and I am ridiculously happy when my friends are late when we’d arranged to meet, or when they have to cancel on me. In the first scenario, suddenly I found myself having time to drink coffee alone in starbucks, accompanied with a magazine that I speedily picked up from the newsstand.

In the latter, I take solace that I’d attempted to meet friends and it is them who cannot make it. Only then they have no reason to fault me if they stop and think and realize that we hadn’t meet for the longest period of time.

Sigh. Where can I regain my lost time? I’ve got so much to blog but so little time. But today and tomorrow are my revision-time and self-designated me-time, and I will blog in my Microsoft Word without internet connection (Low willpower! Don’t take the chance!) and then publish them later.

Oh, by the way, I am devastated to find out that my alter ego blog personality that I hosted on blogsome is gone. Must be that I hadn’t log in for more than a year. But why didn’t anyone send me a warning email? Sigh. I want my entries back lah.. Cries.

I hope blogger never does that to me.

No comments: