Saturday, March 07, 2009

To hell with them

My bosses called me this morning, asking me why my team is not at work.

Apparently the big boss of the company came by from his other office, only to realise, horror of horrors, that my entire team is AWOL.

They called, demanding an explanation.

What could I say? Well I am in school, and I cannot be at two places at one time?

In the first place, no one ever told me I need to work 5.5 days week here. And since I cannot afford the extra day, maybe it is a good time to start contemplating to send me back to my own office to work. That way, I neednt worry about missing the first 30 minutes of class every day.

After next week, we will be moving into the site office at sentosa and my traveling time between there and school is pegged at 1.5 hours.

Which is totally unfair to me. I didnt ask to come over to this office, and if I need more time to travel to school, it is obviously not my fault! But it is no surprising news to you that my bosses doesnt give a damn.

Anyway, was saying that they asked me why I wasnt at work. And then they asked why is it, then, that my entire team is not around?

Wow, what a weird question! Last I'd heard, the taiwanese boss is back and is happily taking the reins. And I am dancing in glee that I no longer have to be in charge! This project is an entire mess and the less I work in it, the more likely I will emerged clean of shit.

So I told them that the team has been working on saturdays for the last 3 weeks, and the reason why they are not around today, is totally not my call.


Then they drop the killer question. How is the work delegated now.

Hallo! I am no longer in charge leh! Can someone drill that fact into their minds. Or the front of their foreheads, I seriously do not mind. I told them that the taiwanese boss had re-delegated work, or at least promised to, and I am doing what I am told to.

Of the 9 shops, I am doing 2, of which one is currently on hold. But I am not the one who selected these 2 shops! It's not like I chose the easiest of all to do. But even if I was, so what? On top of the work I have to do, I had to supervise the team last 2 weeks and I had to attend not less than 10 internal + external meetings, each lasting between 1 hr to 8 hrs.

And while I did only one shop, I had do drawings of each of the shops on ad-hoc basis, when they cannot complete per the schedule.

What now? Blame me for not doing enough? Thanks a lot lor! If they think this is not good enough, too bad! There will be bosses out there who appreciate what I'd did.

Bloody hell.

No comments: