Friday, January 23, 2009

Not my intention to be so unfriendly!

The new taiwan boss asked me yesterday which days do I have school.

I replied duly that it's every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 7pm onwards.

He confirmed with me that I didnt have lessons last night and I replied in the affirmative. He then frowned why I sounded so impatient when he called to tell me he will be back in office only after 6 and if I could stay and wait for him.

Nothing of the sort! I assured. I was sort of day-dreaming at the point of time, but of course I couldnt tell him that.

He nodded and turned back to do his work. It was 7pm and I was preparing to save my work and go home, when a friend buzzed me on msn to see if I'm available to catch a movie.

She's frustrated with work, and wanted time-out. She saved me a couple of times when I was prepared to throw in the white towel, so we have a un-said agreement to seek each other out when we need to escape from work.

And so I agreed, but she needed another 10 minutes to compose an email, so I took my time to pack up my bag.

Only to have my taiwan boss ask me, merely seconds later after I confirmed with her, whether I'd taken my dinner and if I want to accompany him to have dinner at Orchard.

I apologised and explained that I had something on, and I'll take a raincheck. He turned his head around and saw me still playing games on the PC and asked me why then, am I still hanging around?

Oh, my friend is still packing up. And she's working in the next building, therefore I can leave immediately when she buzz me a "NOW!" message, without needing to cater travelling time.

Again he nodded, and then said that since I cannot accompany him to dinner, he shall get going too. And began to pack up. By the time he was ready to leave, I told him that I'll leave too, because I dont want to be alone in the office.

I left a msn msg saying to call me when she's done.

He was taking a taxi, and the queue was pretty long. I told him that since my friend hadnt called, I can wait for a cab with him.

And my friend didnt call, not even until my boss's taxi came. I bade him goodbye and walked towards my friend's block, which is in the direction of the MRT station.

And suddenly I thought. Hey, the way I act seems so strange! At first I appear to be free at night, until he asked me to accompany him to dinner. Then when I told him I couldnt, but yet I could accompany him to wait for a taxi that took almost 15mins to arrive. All the time, said "friend" never called.

At the end of it, I walked towards the mrt station, as though I am going home.

I hope he doesnt think I am not hospitable and am unwilling to accompany him. Oh dear, dont think that way!

No comments: