Friday, October 10, 2008

The great pretender

Miss Confused operates the visualisation software, and the plugin that comes with the software doesnt render as pretty a picture as her own pirated copy at home.

So each time when the design is confirmed, she will bring it home to render it into a prettier-by-20% version.

Fair enough, if she likes to do that at her own time, go ahead to do it. I made it clear to her that I am satisfied with the normal variety.

Currently we are busy with this proposal, and I am supposed to come up with the design, brief Miss Confused on the design intent, do the powerpoint slides, material boards and then package everything.

I suggest to Miss Confused to design one of the smallest space. She refused. I told her to help out with the presentation boards, she said she dont have time.

But ALL that she is doing is to take my instructions and do the visuals!

Nevermind! Like I mentioned in an earlier entry, I'd decided that I'll not ask her to do anymore design. Dowan to do right? Dont blame me if I never give you another chance.

But what she did today, is entirely unpardonable.

She smsed me at 8.30am, saying that her software is faulty and she need to re-render the visual. She estimate she will reach at 10.30am.

Ok, fair enough.

At 10.30am, no sight of her and at 11.30m she smsed to say that she hadnt finished, and since she will be very late, she will consider that as a half day leave.

I consulted the manager, and told Miss Confused that nevermind, since she is late because she is doing work at home, she neednt consider that as half day leave. All we request is that she comes in as soon as possible.

When she finally reached at 1.30pm, 5 hours past the time she is supposed to reach office every morning, I expected all the work to be completed.

But it's not.

She spent another few hours to touch up the visuals, further delaying my presentation boards preparation and my powerpoint.

*Breathe in breathe out*

After agonising over the snail pace for a few more hours, finally she is done and I could also complete my work.

Time for celebration! We begin to chat mindlessly and she said that her landlord is really chasing her out. I asked her how's the search for a new room coming, and she said:

"I viewed 2 places today, but they are too expensive."

...

...

(In case I heard wrongly, I even asked her again how many places she is going to view later tonight. One, she said. )

She actually pretended to be working while taking the time to do her own stuff. Why cant she just take leave? I am appalled. She took time away from work and tell me she dont have time to do the work I assigned to her.

*Shakes head* Unbelievable.

No comments: