Sunday, September 10, 2006

That's it

I dont know if I mentioned this incident before, but there was once when I was doing ot, I happen to met jnce when I went out to buy sandwich. Her bf works near my workplace and upon seeing me, she asked me why wasnt I out with the gang?

I look at her curiously and told her I dont know of any gathering, but I had a pile of work to clear anyway, so I cant make it even if they asked.

For a while, I thought I must have missed out on their invitation somehow.

Then as weeks progressed, and they no longer ask me out for their gatherings even though I know their gatherings are usually once-every-two-weeks. I slowly came to understand that something - unknown to me - had obviously happened and no one is going to tell me.

Yesterday jnce suddenly msn-ed me and asked me whether I was going out with the gang. I simply replied a 'huh' and that successfully scared her into appearing offline.

I left the office soon after because I was meeting erv and eric anyway, and I called her, quite schemingly, to ask her about her msn message. She hummed and hawed for a while, then asked me whether ncn informed me that there was a gathering that night.

Replying in negative, I told her they must be having some special gatherings that I shouldnt be there, hence I am not invited. I told her I am busy anyway, and offered to organised some gatherings soon, ha ha ha.

Previously, I had imagined that the reason for not asking me along is probably because ncn and jnce usually cannot make it for gatherings and since so, they immediately convert the gathering into a guy's night.

Evidently not.

If ncn was going, and jnce is invited, it is apparently something against me and only me.

I hang up the phone and immediately made a resolution.

That's it.

It is obviously no incident that they are trying to ostracise me, I have no idea why, but I think our differences grew after I left the last company. While I had turned to become a designer, our jobscopes and conversation topics had since breached.

During the last few gatherings, it became significant that I had ran out of topics with them and maybe that is why they begin to feel awkward with me around.

Or perhaps my new identity as a designer is too strong for them. When I first began, I was weak and lost, and I turned to them for support.

But survival of these couple of months saw me growing to be more aggressive and I've most unfortunately regained the designer's disdain towards every single thing. Such pomposity probably puts them off.


I came home and promptly blocked all of them on msn.

Sometimes, when the enthusiam towards a certain person (or in this case a group of people) dwiddles to a stop, it is only for the good that we do not remain in contact anymore.

No comments: