Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Eventful last evening

I was supposed to be meeting a friend as a last minute decision yesterday. We came to an conclusion over msn that we should meet at 7.30 because he will be attending a meeting at 6.

Ok fine by me, for I might need to ot anyway. Too norm.

By 7.10, just as I was about to leave office, he sms-ed me to tell me he will be late and when I asked him what time will he reach, he evasively said before 8pm.

At this point of time, colleagues are saying it is the boss birthday and he invited all of us to a nearby pub. I told them I will be meeting a friend first and will come by after that, probably 9 or so, since we are catching up over coffee only.

When I reached raffles place at 8, he was nowhere to be seen. I was even harassed by a persistent sales person who was trying to sell me restaurants discount vouchers. He doesnt catch the hint when I told him I have no intention to buy and I simply have to turn the hint into a spiteful "I am really very uninterested!"

8.10, still no sign of him, I told myself he have 5 more minutes, any later than that he will get it when I see him. He sms-ed to say he is held up! Meeting just ended! I asked him what time does he presume he will reach, and he told me 20 minutes.

Bored, I ate dinner alone and by the time I was done at 8.40, he sent a sms to say he is on his way. I fired back a sms to ask him EXACTLY how long will he take and EXACTLY where is he now!!!!

And he told me yishun, and that he will be at my mercy when he reached.

Extremely angered, I told him to forget it and not to come, for I am going to pub already.

He sent me a multitude of sms saying he is sorry and things crop up and things like that. It took me all my will and determination to not make a call to him.

Over sms he probably can feel the anger but should I call him, I will not hestitate to give him a good dressing down.

*Pissed*

I told him that I will never arrange any coffee/dinner/whatever with him again. It is one thing that he called and say he will be late for 30 minutes, and he say he is reaching he is reaching but 30 minutes later he is still 'reaching' !!?!

I hopped over to my boss's birthday party where I drank the free whisky. The moment I realised I am going to knock out, I ended the session and stumble out of the place. Sigh, I must have look like a idiotic freeloader.

On my way to take public transport, my right heel was trapped in a hole and I lunge forward, and fell knees first. My right knee bled furiously, and because I was just beside my office, I disarmed the security system and went in to wash my wounds.

I took a cab home after that because I can barely walk with blood running.

And so now, I am nursing an open wound by bandaging it up. Thank god for the invention of flare jeans, especially those that flare at the knees. =)

No comments: