Monday, May 01, 2006

Chen Guo Bang

I dunno why I like him that much, but I just do. =)

I started liking him since the show, 杨门女将, but because he is not a very well-known artiste, I never saw him in other shows.

That was until I saw two sundays ago, while I was surfing the channels with the mannerism of man, I saw him in 绝代双娇. That revived my interest in him.

He's 陈国邦. Read about his role in 杨门女将 here.



Because he is not well known, none of my friends can give me his name. (Give them the credit, I cant even give proper description of him.) I googled 杨门女将 and 绝代双娇 but I didnt manage to get results of his profile because he is not exactly the lead in either show.

I spent at least 5 hours trying to look up his name but I got nowhere. Then I saw his name in 8 days under the 绝代双娇 synopsis. (Before anyone question, his name isnt listed under i-weekly's synopsis of the same show.)

Power Chan.

Ok, name sounds weird, but then again many hong kong and taiwan artistes' names sound weird, like Bosco Wong.

I went to yahoo.tw and started going through the whole list of hong kong actors' with surname as 陈 and I finally found his fansite.

He is really not popular but well, that's life.

With the 2nd part of the search, I've came to tvb's website where all the artistes are listed (I swear I came to this website but I couldnt find a direct link to the artistes list). From the list I can further link to the drama page, where I can read all the synopsis of all the dramas by tvb. That's really wonderful, ya?

(I am currently reading 下一站彩虹 starring myolie wu.)

I just realised that he acted in 'W' Files as well, a show that is shown on channel 8 these days on the weekends at 7pm. I prefer him as 程刚 in 杨门女将 anytime though.

No comments: