Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's 1.10am

I just got back from work. OT-ed till 12.30am.

I'm tired.

I dunno how many nights of OT I had put in over these few weeks, and I am seriously very tired.

I am churning out drawings at my fastest pace and I know those UFOs are satisfied with the speed.

With almost the exact words, I was telling jes over dinner earlier, "It doesnt matter to me how slow the previous person was in his/her AutoCAD skills, but I am doing it as fast as I already can.

"Thanks for being satisfied with my job performance, but can the wringing stop?

"I am already drawing at my 90% speed; any demands to get me to draw at 100% speed will only end up with me being awfully tired and hence unable to carry on further.

"What more are these people wanting from me? Why are they giving me less and less time to do my work? If I am already producing drawings in the shortest time possible, why are they reducing the time allocation? This is only so fast I can go. Any faster they will have to ask someone else to do the drawings."

How can she be giving me work to do at 6pm, my official knockoff time, and expect me to give it to her tomorrow morning?

That is at least 5 hours worth of work. Must I be staying OT every night to do all these fucked up drawings?

I dont mind doing the drawings, as a matter of fact, I enjoy doing these drawings. But they have to learn that fact that I cannot produce drawings at the same speed as they are talking.

It is very simple to give instructions, but had she any idea, at all, how much work it is exactly when it comes to actually creating it?

Stop telling me these are minor changes, not when you have no idea how to draw them. Stop telling me it would be very quick, not when you have no fucking idea how long this is going to take me.

Words and promises are easily made. But for fuck's sake give me the benefit of the doubt. Stop thinking I must be able to give you what you want.

If I did, you just happen to be having an overdose of good luck.

If I cant, congratulations. Welcome to life.

No comments: