Friday, October 07, 2005

Dreadful faux pas

Wo feng le.

I went for the interview like I was mentioning in yesterday's entry. I am a total fool lor!

I took one hr off because the interview was scheduled to start at 6.30. I told boss I will make up next mon by doing ot.

And so I reached there around 6.10pm, and someone let me in and asked me to sit at the waiting area. I sat there like a fool while the company's employees floated around. Nobody came to ask me who I was and there wasnt anyone sitting at the receptionist.

I sat there until 6.25, then someone finally realised I was there and passed me the job application form to fill up. So I did, and this guy came to say to follow him to the meeting room area. I immediate took it as he is V, the person whom I was supposed to be looking for at the company.

Then of course la, he went thru the normal questions. I answered very normally too, until like 30 minutes into the interview I began to lose my marbles.


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


Basically V said that he is looking to employ two person. One of them to do project management job, the other to do support, as in support designers/sales ppl with the drawings. He asked me which one I am interested.

I told him I dunno.


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


He still very nice, laugh (saw him went -_-") and said he dunno. He said I should choose what I want what, and so re-explained the job scope of the two posts all over again.

I decided on the support one. I thought out loud that I think I lack management and leadership skills.


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


He asked me whether I can use AutoCAD, I told him yes, but truthfully, it had been some time since I've last used AutoCAD, so I might not be able to do it immediately.

Halfway thru the interview, he said he wanted to test me on my AutoCAD skills. I almost froze, cos I am not being humble when I said I havent been using the skill for very long.

So I tried to disguise my embarrassment and I followed him to a desk. He sketched on a piece of paper (which I later realised it was my the job application form that I filled up earlier. -_-") of a very very very simple drawing, so I managed to finish it in one minute.

Heng ar.

I super worried, cos twice before, while I was looking for interior design job, the moment the set me down to draw something I am dead. Although I can use AutoCAD well, under scruntiny is stressful.



He asked me am I willing to take a lower pay than I stated. I rejected. I told him I had commitments. He asked me what commitments I have. I told him I've got bills to pay, family to support and I have to save up for studies.

I immediately sense him tensing up, asking me I am going to study very soon? (Angel on my right shoulder slaps her forehead.) I quickly added that I am definately interested in continuing studies, but that might be another 5 yrs away.

He doesnt sound like he believe me.


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


He asked me do I have any questions to ask him? I told him yes, only one silly question. V immediately narrowed his eyes, like trying to guess what stupid question I am going to ask.

I asked him "Hmm, can I play music while I am working?"


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


(Angel expressed shock by dropping her jaws.)


V laughed nervously, and said asked "speaker or earphone?" "earphone" "one side or two sides?" "one side". He dragged his words a little and said can, but best to keep the volume low.

I told him of course, and he brightened up (as though inwardly trying to help me justify my stupid question) and asked whether I work better with music on?

"No la, just that I find this place a little too quiet, a little scary." (Chuckles)

"Dont worry, during the day it is very noisy one, you cant hear your music one, not quiet, not scary one."

"Huh?!?! Very noisy? Like that very disturbing leh."


Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


V asked whether I am prepared for the pace of the job. I told him I am very fine with it. He had explained to me about needing to ot quite often. That is something I can accept, because designer's or designer's support's job is like that. I expected it.

I told him everything is fine, and I think I can perform the jobscope too (the support job). He asked me whether I can take the pressure, and I gave the killer answer of the night.

"I can, no worries, just that I might break down a few times."


Super Kua.Kua.Kuaaa~


I think V really think I am mentally unsound.



I officially declare this job is out of my grasp already. I thought it is hilarious, but I think pearly, the agency lady, wont think the same. But well, I already emailed her an apology le. She shouldnt be too angry la hor.

No comments: